2.10.2014

Lemon+Blueberry Yoghurt muffins....disappointed/PICKY baker :(












So I had this lovely idea of making some yummy refreshing Lemony muffins.....alas my idea didn't quite come to fruition. Once this was what I had decided upon I went  looking for a recipe and after a while settled on this Hairy Bikers one. The making part went down fine.....but then I tasted it..... how can I describe my feelings errm....disappointment at first bite would be rather accurate.

The point of baking is that at the end of it you get a sugar kick, that was what hurt the most! I'm such a sugar nut, if something I bake doesn't deliver on that then its dead to me.....lol...ok I'm being a tad dramatic but it had like no sugar seriously I was well annoyed. Then to make it worse the texture wasn't great it was a bit dry.  I thought having the yoghurt in there would help make it moist- well I wrong about that. Plus it had like no lemon flavour at all, turns out zest of one lemon  was NOT enough lads.

So my way of rectifying the no sweetness came in the form of slathering some left over chocolate Buttercream from the fridge in the middle. That certainly fixed the sugar element and eating with it a cup of tea fixed the texture dilemma, after that it was nice enough.
I feel like I'm being harsh they were nice enough but I've come to expect certain things before I've even baked something and unfortunately these muffins didn't deliver on those things for me so they were disappointing.

Have you guys been disappointed with a bake recently? I'm not over reacting am I?
See u next week with something chocolaty x

6 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything worse...I have made many batters that tasted ahhmazing (like I could eat it with a spoon lol!) and when they are baked, I think they are only ok. I completly agree with you about the lemon zest too, I don't think you get the proper zing without some juice. Maybe we are just lemony people haha!

    These do look totally yum all the same :)

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shirley good to know I'm not alone! Lemony and proud girl! Thanks-pity they didn't taste as pretty and they looked :)

      Delete
  2. I get so stupidly down when my baking goes wrong, so I totally sympathize! for what it's worth, they do look good and the flavour ideas sound yummy...

    ✽. aimée .✽ wallflowergirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aimee....i guess we are just perfectionists!

      Delete
  3. We all have kitchen fails and they can be disappointing but that never stops us from trying again. Many a time things have gone straight from the pan to the bin in my house. So don't worry you'll get it next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks for the empathy, i shall give yours ago and hopefully achieve success.

      Delete