7.27.2014

Almond & Black Cherry Slices

 
 
 

So I kind of love Black Cherry jam, I put it on everything.......so I decided to put in a cake. Natural progression  right? I also love  Almonds, anything Almond flavoured.....do you see where I am going with this?! The only thing left to do was to bring these two lovelies together in some cake.

Recipe
6oz Flour
5oz Butter
5oz Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Almond Extract
1tsp Baking Powder
Black Cherry jam

Method: I used an all in one method. Put everthing in the bowl with a splash of milk and mix till everything is incorporated. When pouring the mixture in to the tin dollop some Cherry jam in and round.
Bake for about 40 mins or until your skewer comes out clean. Once cooled slice up and drizzle with an Almond flavoured icing.

This was totally yummy! It was light and fluffy with a delicious Almond flavour. I only wish I had put way more Cherry jam, as there wasn't enough of it in my lovely slices! Almond + Cherry jaminess how could it go wrong?.........it can't........it was beautiful!

Next Post ......something cold+yummy for the heat wave!!  x

4 comments:

  1. Cherry and almond has to be the most perfect pairing! They are absolutely made for each other. This cake looks delicious..... soft, moist and fluffy. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they really are!!! I'm a bit obsessed Thanks kate :)

      Delete
  2. I love this, look awesome and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gloria, I was quite happy with them.

      Delete